Friday, May 29, 2009

President Obama, Burger Lover


President Barack Obama has made one thing clear over the first four months of his presidency: he likes his burgers. I hear that. There's not a burger I've met I don't like. Like his foray to watch an NBA game a couple months ago, his frequent trips out of the big white house to grab food, not fancy food mind you, sends a message to the American people: he is one of us who just happens to be the most powerful person in the world. Today he went out to Five Guys, a DC hamburger chain which has spread like wildfire across the USA and a place I have been known to frequent. Good choice sir.

Of course many will recall the flap over his previous visit to a burger joint--Ray's Hell Burgers in DC. Many from the Rabid Right tried to make a nonsensical argument that the President was an elitist because he ordered his burger with mustard with a kick to it--dijon. I didn't post about it then but it has gnawed at me ever since. This has got to be one of the stupidest things I have heard in politics. Of course, it was an accusation made by Sean Hannity and his crowd so stupidity comes easy to them (this is not a partisan attack--this blog is fiercly anti-partisan--it's just an honest assessment of the brain power of Hannity, a rabid foaming-at-the-mouth partisan). I like dijon mustard so I must be an elitist too.





Anyway, I'm sure there will be those that complain that his stop at regular restaurants inconveniences the locals but the restaurants, and the locals that get to hang out with the Commander-in-Chief for a few minutes, probably don't mind. The President ordered American cheese on his burger, Sean, so give him props for that.

No comments:

White House.gov Photo Gallery Feed

White House.gov Blog Feed

White House Flickr Photostream

Site Meter

WIKIO

Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics

Followers