Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Have a Confession to Make...

I'm an American Idol junkie. I can't help it. My wife and I have been watching since Season 1. My young children dig it too. So, every once in awhile, I'll be blogging about Idol.

I do have to say that I have enjoyed Season 8 more than most others the past few years. I like the changes they've made--particularly adding a 4th judge. Kara DioGuardi, an accomplished songwriter, producer, and singer in her own right, has added a new element to the show and provided some balance.

Besides penning a number of hit songs for a plethora of big name artists, DioGuardi can flat out sing. Check out her version of "Lost" which Faith Hill recorded.



Frankly, it's much better than Faith Hill's version:



DioGuardi is a shrewd move for AI. Whether it's Paula Abdul insurance or just an attempt to mix up a format that was getting stale, Idol's new addition was a smart one.

1 comment:

D. said...

Wow. To think I ever took your advice...

White House.gov Photo Gallery Feed

White House.gov Blog Feed

White House Flickr Photostream

There was an error in this gadget

Daily History for U.S. Presidents

American Memory Search

Site Meter

WIKIO

Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics

Followers