Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Have a Confession to Make...

I'm an American Idol junkie. I can't help it. My wife and I have been watching since Season 1. My young children dig it too. So, every once in awhile, I'll be blogging about Idol.

I do have to say that I have enjoyed Season 8 more than most others the past few years. I like the changes they've made--particularly adding a 4th judge. Kara DioGuardi, an accomplished songwriter, producer, and singer in her own right, has added a new element to the show and provided some balance.

Besides penning a number of hit songs for a plethora of big name artists, DioGuardi can flat out sing. Check out her version of "Lost" which Faith Hill recorded.



Frankly, it's much better than Faith Hill's version:



DioGuardi is a shrewd move for AI. Whether it's Paula Abdul insurance or just an attempt to mix up a format that was getting stale, Idol's new addition was a smart one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. To think I ever took your advice...

White House.gov Photo Gallery Feed

White House.gov Blog Feed

White House Flickr Photostream

Site Meter

WIKIO

Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics

Followers